The key to sustaining the desired outcomes of the 5-year plan is the extent to which Massachusetts YSOs, their families and their surrounding communities incorporate the child safety and abuse prevention principles contained in this Report as a shared responsibility. YSOs, community leadership and parents/caregivers must engage deliberately with one another in local prevention efforts for these initiatives to become self-sustaining at the community level. Parents must be incorporated as full partners in any YSO changes that involve the safety and well-being of their children, and all must remain persistent in the belief that the better the children and youth are protected, the more their community will thrive.
- The Task Force will work with YSOs, community leadership and parent/caregiver representatives to explore ways to support, strengthen and sustain this level of mutual engagement.
- As new YSOs and new parents emerge as part of the normal evolution of Massachusetts communities, the continued availability of training, education, and information concerning child maltreatment and its prevention will be critical and must be maintained.
- The Task Force will explore and make additional recommendations about the types and levels of continued state monitoring, implementation assistance, training support and oversight that would be appropriate to this task.
- Executive Summary
- How to Read This Report
- Mission & Purpose of Taskforce
- A Brief History of How the Taskforce Was Organized
- The Charge of the Legislative Language
- Key Sections
- Section 1: Developing Policies and Procedures for Child Protection
- Section 2: Screening and Background Checks for Selecting Employees and Volunteers
- Section 3: Code of Conduct and Monitoring
- Section 4: Ensuring Safe Physical Environments and Safe Technology
- Section 5: Recognizing, Responding to, and Reporting Allegations and Suspicions of Child Sexual Abuse
- Section 6: Training About Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Additional Considerations
- Applying the Framework: A Five-Year Plan
- Definitions, Acronyms, Glossary
- Legislative Mandate
- Taskforce Committees and Membership
- Guest Presenters
- Schedule of Meetings
- Section-Specific Appendices
- Downloadable Resources
Take the Pledge to Keep Kids Safe
Join us and commit to learning how you can protect the children/youth you serve.
Sign Up to Access Your Learning Center
Customized child sexual abuse prevention guidelines to meet the unique needs of any organization that serves children.
- Evidence-informed guidance
- Actionable prevention steps
- Keeps track of your progress
- Tailored learning tracks