Appendix 4: Guest Presenters
(In order of consultation)
- David Finkelhor, PhD, Director, Crimes Against Children Research Center, Co-Director of the Family Research Laboratory, and Professor of Sociology, University of New Hampshire.
- Date: June 25, 2015
- Topic: The Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Laurie Guidry, Psy.D, President, Massachusetts Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers.
- Date: July 23, 2015
- Topic: The Assessment, Treatment and Risk Management of Sexual Offenders
- Lisa A. Fontes, PhD, University of Massachusetts Amherst Senior Lecturer & author.
- Date: October 15, 2015
- Topic: Cultural Competency
- Sharman C. Nathanson, LICSW, Director of Mental Health and Advocacy Services, Children’s Advocacy Center of Suffolk County; Yvonne Spurling, Director of Clinical Services, DYS; David Sullivan, Northwest District Attorney;Ron Molin, Ph.D., Director, Forensic Services, Children’s Charter, a division of Key, Inc.
- Date: April 21, 2016
- Topic: Panel Presentation and Discussion on Children and Youth with Problematic Sexual Behavior
- Joan Duffell, Executive Director, Committee for Children, Seattle, WA
- Date: May 5, 2016
- Topic: Use of On-line Training and Technology in the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Lisa Goldblatt-Grace, LICSW, MPH, Co-founder and Director of My Life, My Choice.
- Date: November 17, 2016
- Topic: Preventing the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children.
- Executive Summary
- How to Read This Report
- Mission & Purpose of Taskforce
- A Brief History of How the Taskforce Was Organized
- The Charge of the Legislative Language
- Key Sections
- Section 1: Developing Policies and Procedures for Child Protection
- Section 2: Screening and Background Checks for Selecting Employees and Volunteers
- Section 3: Code of Conduct and Monitoring
- Section 4: Ensuring Safe Physical Environments and Safe Technology
- Section 5: Recognizing, Responding to, and Reporting Allegations and Suspicions of Child Sexual Abuse
- Section 6: Training About Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Additional Considerations
- Applying the Framework: A Five-Year Plan
- Definitions, Acronyms, Glossary
- Legislative Mandate
- Taskforce Committees and Membership
- Guest Presenters
- Schedule of Meetings
- Section-Specific Appendices
- Downloadable Resources
Take the Pledge to Keep Kids Safe
Join us and commit to learning how you can protect the children/youth you serve.
Sign Up to Access Your Learning Center
Customized child sexual abuse prevention guidelines to meet the unique needs of any organization that serves children.
- Evidence-informed guidance
- Actionable prevention steps
- Keeps track of your progress
- Tailored learning tracks