The approaches in the chart below can provide frameworks that make your organization most effective when training adults and/or children/youth. Grounding the development of your training program in one or more of these frameworks will provide better results for the participants trained.
- Positive Youth Development Models: (https://educationnorthwest.org/sites/default/files/resources/factsheet13.pdf)
- Strengthening Families Framework: (https://www.cssp.org/reform/strengtheningfamilies)
- Nine Principles of Prevention Programs: (https://www.azrapeprevention.org/sites/default/files/cdc_nine_principles_0.pdf)
- Application of Adult Learning Theory:(https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/nrcs143_024001.pdf)
- Adult Learning Theory model descriptions: https://granite.pressbooks.pub/teachingandlearninginadulthood/chapter/traditional-adult-learning-theory-and-models/
- Adult Learning Theories: (https://lincs.ed.gov/sites/default/files/11_%20TEAL_Adult_Learning_Theory.pdf)
- Study looking at the effectiveness of adult learning models: (https://www.buildinitiative.org/portals/0/uploads/documents/resource-center/diversity-and-equity-toolkit/adultlearning_rev7-04-09.pdf)
Other Reading You Might Be Interested In
Sign Up to Access Your Learning Center
Customized child sexual abuse prevention guidelines to meet the unique needs of any organization that serves children.
- Evidence-informed guidance
- Actionable prevention steps
- Keeps track of your progress
- Tailored learning tracks