What I Should Know
About Child Sexual Abuse Prevention
A comprehensive child abuse prevention framework is a proactive one. It aims to identify and prevent child abuse before it occurs, or ensures its earliest possible detection and reporting.
Our Safe Kids Thrive Framework
The elements of a proactive framework include:
- Policies and Procedures
- Screening, Hiring and Criminal Background Checks
- Codes of Conduct
- Monitoring Behavior
- Safe Physical Environments and Safe Technology
- Responding and Reporting
- Education and Training (for Adults and Children)
Safe Kids Thrive provides details on how these elements prevent child maltreatment, requirements and best practices that make them effective, strategies and tools to create and sustain them, and ways to maximize their effectiveness by tailoring them to meet the needs of Massachusetts’ youth-serving organizations of every type, size, and population.
Our framework is supported by additional elements that contribute to the effectiveness and sustained success of prevention, including:
- Child protection teams
- Community partnerships
- Measurement, analysis, self-audits, and organizational sustainment actions
Sign Up to Access Your Learning Center
Customized child sexual abuse prevention guidelines to meet the unique needs of any organization that serves children.
- Evidence-informed guidance
- Actionable prevention steps
- Keeps track of your progress
- Tailored learning tracks